- To complete an application I wrote two essays (one on the front page entitled "Motivation Statement" and one in the posts entitled "Cross Cultural Experience")
Step Two: Interview (Completed)
- In the interview, my recruiter and I discussed my skills, interests, job opportunities available, social and cultural awareness, motivation and commitment to the Peace Corps service.
Step Three: Nomination (Completed)
- My recruiter will match my skills with a program and nominate me for a specific program. I will know the general geographic region and approximate departure date. A formal invitation to a country in that region will not be made until the medical and legal review has been completed.
- From my recruiter: "Congratulations on your nomination! I am excited to be able to share that I have nominated you to a Business Development assignment with Peace Corps in the Eastern Europe region, with an anticipated departure date of September, 2009. Please keep in mind that this can change."
Step Four: Medical, Legal, and Suitability Review (In Process)
- A member of the Peace Corps medical screening team will review my Health Status Review. I will need a physical, dental and eye exams. Also, any legal paperwork will be collected. Last, a review of my suitability will be assessed.
Step Five: Invitation
- When a final match is made between a country's request for assistance and my skill, I will receive an official invitation to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer.
Step Six: Preparation for Departure
- I will receive an airline ticket for travel to my orientation site. Soon, I will be on my way to my country of service.
No comments:
Post a Comment