What's New..?

I realize I haven't written in a long time. Wow! What can I say... So, here goes.. Ummmm.. I'm extending for another year! Now, this might come as a bit of a shock to those of you who sat on skype with me as I chattered my teeth under scarfs, caps, and wool socks a plenty in the arctic tundra as the mercury dropped to below freezing. Well, all I can say is, (singing the Beatles song) "Here comes the sun do do do do.. Here comes the sun and it's alright" Spring in Macedonia, specifically the southern region where I live, is breathtaking. For example, the hills are full of shades of green at which even Crayola would gawk, the sun is brighter and warmer than even Nikola Tesla can imagine, and the vegetables would put the Jolly Green Giant to shame for trying to capture their juicy goodness in a flash-frozen-carbon-dated-plastic bag. I can't say that the change in weather was my only reason for applying to extend. That would be like saying that a parachute's hue is the only reason you would want to go skydiving (when clearly the reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane is the nauseous feeling one eventually succumbs to upon realizing that the world is a linear idea of fixed time with birth on one end and death placed under the Finish banner at the other and you hope that the banner isn't running toward you instead of you toward it.) Although, Spring helped clear my mind while nourishing me with sufficient levels of vitamin D production, the idea to apply to extend for a third year in the Peace Corps and live and work in Kavadarci, Macedonia was due to the feeling in the core of my belly, just under my bellybutton, but over my.. well you get the idea, that I didn't feel 'done'. I felt as if I needed something more to accomplish. I wasn't ready to weepily say goodbye in the middle of the night, as I walked on a foggy runway to the Lockheed 14H silver plane in the distance through the black of night after a Mr. Bogart professed his love to me and begged me to continue my mission to save the good and innocent people of the world. So, there you have it. The, mostly, short of it. I'll try to write more often to catch you all up on the past year of fun and/or excitement you might have missed.

No comments: